The Bilingual Child Academy is licensed center. We pride ourselves on hiring talented and committed teachers.
State Requirements for Childcare Employees
Applicants should meet the following criteria per DFPS Minimum Standards:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent,
- Current CPR/First Aid certification. see below
- Must be able to get FAST fingerprinting (We do the scheduling)
- Pass a background check
- Take required trainings: SIDS, Baby Shaken syndrome, Child Abuse & Neglect, 8 hours orientation before working in the classroom
- 24 hours ongoing yearly training
- Assistants: CDA, or 2-yr Associates, or equivalent 5 years experience in childcare/education
- Lead Teachers: Bachelor’s degree or 10 years experience equivalent in Early Childhood, Education or related fields.
- Bilingual Spanish & English
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Competitive hourly pay
- Company funded Dental, Vision and Life Insurance policies
- Company funded HealthCare2U wellness program with 24/7 medical care and only $10 co-pay for doctor visits at clinic
- Voluntary Allstate Short / Long term disability, Cancer policy, AD&D
- Paid Time-off program after 1 year anniversary
- Personal Time-off 80 hours per year
- Assists in supervision and daily class functions of a class of children.
- Assists in organizing and operating and the classroom program according to state regulations and BCA policies and procedures.
- Communication with parents at drop-off and pick-up to go over important daily events
- Document all of the child’s meals, diapers/potty and activities on Daily Report
- Provide basic first-aid if necessary and document
- Assistants: Assists lead teachers with mini lessons.
- Aftercare: Assists elementary children with homework.
- Assists in providing an attractive, well kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration and decision-making by the children.
- Provides the children with verbal praises and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children’s behavior.
- Participates in the serving of meals, snack, nap time and bathroom activities.
- Encourages and welcomes parents, visitors and volunteers in the classroom.
- Assists in responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping.
- Facilitates open communication with parents and staff.
- Maintains a professional attitude and work behavior.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions as determined by the Director.
- Observes all rules and regulations of the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the training manual.
** The summer position is a part-time temporary position. Applicants must be able to work from Monday-Friday anytime between 7am-6pm depending on needs of center.
CPR/First Aid Certification Link
Bilingual Child Academy does not discriminate in the employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis that is prohibited by law.
You are welcome to stop by and fill out the application at our center locations anytime. We are always taking new applications.