The Bilingual Child Academy is licensed center. We are currently looking for bilingual teachers and assistant teachers in all age groups from Infants through Pre-k, at both locations.
Applicants should meet the following criteria per DFPS Minimum Standards:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current CPR/First Aid certification. see below
- Must be able to get FAST fingerprinting (We do the scheduling)
- Pass a background check
- SIDS certification for teachers working with infants
- Ability to relate positively with young children.
- Fluent in Spanish, Must have good oral and written skills in English to communicate with parents
- Previous teaching experience in a quality preschool, child care center or church nursery.
- Have related experience with early childhood or preschool or elementary education.
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- CDA or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent preferred
- Native Spanish Speaker
- 80% English capacity in oral and written
- Assists in supervision and daily class functions of a class of children.
- Assists in organizing and operating and the classroom program according to state regulations and BCA policies and procedures.
- Assistants: Assists lead teachers with mini lessons.
- Aftercare: Assists elementary children with homework.
- Assists in providing an attractive, well kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration and decision-making by the children.
- Provides the children with verbal praises and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children’s behavior.
- Participates in the serving of meals, snack, nap time and bathroom activities.
- Encourages and welcomes parents, visitors and volunteers in the classroom.
- Assists in responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping.
- Facilitates open communication with parents and staff.
- Maintains a professional attitude and work behavior.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions as determined by the Director.
- Observes all rules and regulations of the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the training manual.
** The summer position is a part-time temporary position. Applicants must be able to work from Monday-Friday anytime between 7am-6pm depending on needs of center.
Download Application: BCA Employment Application Form-1.pdf
CPR/First Aid Certification Link
Bilingual Child Academy does not discriminate in the employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis that is prohibited by law.
You are welcome to stop by and fill out the application form on this page: