THE SCOOP ON SUMMERS
Dates: June 11 – August 17, 2018 Weekly choice
Age Groups this current year:
- coming out of Kinder – 3rd
- Children coming out of 4th grade may participate, however curriculum is geared towards a younger elementary school set
Summer Enrollment Forms –
- $210 / wk (Full time: Hollywood Park 7:00am-6:00pm Stone Oak 6:30am-6:30pm)
- $160/ wk (Part time 8:30am-2:00pm)
- Cost of Field trips is additional depending on location entry fee
* $50 Registration fee (non-refundable)
FIELD TRIPS for Elementary age only
- Each week we will go on a field trip (entry fee is additional to tuition)
- Additional field trips; will be added to tuition each week depending on location and activity.
The academic times will include a Spanish vocabulary class, science, social studies, and art & crafts. Children will focus on building Spanish speaking skills and vocabulary comprehension utilizing our programs:
Children will have time to play sports & games outdoors, use the mac computer lab, and watch a family friendly movie. * Children may bring their own electronic devices (phones, tablets, kindle, personal gaming device) but must be responsible for them
PROGRAM DESIGNED FOR YOUNGER ELEMENTARY STUDENTS
Welcome to a summer of Spanish learning fun with Bilingual Child Academy.
The main purpose of our classes is so children hear, understand and begin to produce Spanish. In order to do this in a meaningful and entertaining way, children perform a variety of activities and tasks. The activities and tasks are the means, while developing ability the language is the aim.
The Spanish summer camps from the Bilingual Child Academy are conceived to promote early second language acquisition through Spanish immersion in a safe, fun and stimulating environment by combining the teaching expertise of our BCA teachers who are native speakers of Spanish with experience working with children in a Spanish immersion setting. Each week stands on its own with a fun thematic weekly focus.
The camps are open to all children ages 5 to 10 years who want to explore Spanish as well as for children of Spanish-speaking families who want to improve their skills.
Children will have the opportunity to explore or continue developing the language and gain knowledge of the rich cultural traditions of the Spanish-speaking world through stories, games, songs and crafts while being immersed in Spanish. The camp is designed to fit native Spanish speakers, children who have a high fluency level in Spanish, as well as beginners.
Around the World Theme
World Culture theme is designed to explore other countries and go deep into cultures around the globe.
- Week 1: June 11-15 ~ Greece (Ancient Greek myths, Greek Alphabet)
- Week 2: June 18-22 ~ Brazil (Welcome to the Jungle)
- Week 3: June 25-29 ~ France/Italy/England (European connection/UN)
- Week 4: July 2-6 ~ USA (Symbols of our Country)
- Week 5: July 9-13 ~ Mexico & Latin America (Let’s go South of the Border)
- Week 6: July 16-20 ~ Australia & South Pacific
- Week 7: July 23-27 ~China
- Week 8: July 30- Aug 3 ~ Africa
- Week 9: Aug 6-10 ~ India
- Week 10: Aug 13-17 ~ Artic/North Pole/Tundra
Field trips will change each week depending on availability of locations. We plan on going to the following locations:
- Chuck E Cheese
- Main Event
- Young Chefs Academy
- Stone Oak Park
- Northwoods Ice & Golf center
- Movie Theater
- Artamov Gymnastics
- Beez Neez Ice Cream
- and other area fun places